The first place I analyzed was a small office and a large church. I talked about contrast between the two sizes of the buildings, which refers to the scale of them. Tehnological advances were achieved before the making of the tall church, such as: architectural and engineering advances as well as material advances. In the 2nd video (uploaded on canvas due to technical problems) I talked about the contrast between 2 materials on the Hunt Morgan House. The red brick against the white/ grey stone was a contrast between 2 materials and 2 colors. In the third video I talked about pattern. There was a pattern on the church's stained glass window. (this wasn't the same church as in the first video) When light hits the glass window, color will appear more vibrant. The color and the glass are both technological advances. The stained glass makes up color, line, texture, and shape.
Monday, December 12, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The fundamental aspect of modern design is clean, open, and simplistic in nature. Modern design is very functionality focused. It also goes...
-
My sense of modern hasn't changed a whole lot. I've known how modern design can be a mixture of modern materials and older materials...
-
Palladio was an important designer worldwide. He designed buildings inside and out that were the best of the renaissance period. He wrote on...
-
In the knoll video the lady pointed out an important part of design which is that design is about how you feel in space. In the lectures and...
No comments:
Post a Comment