Sunday, October 2, 2016

My sense of modern hasn't changed a whole lot. I've known how modern design can be a mixture of modern materials and older materials. Also how clean and basic shapes are usually used, but they can also be more complex. As well as how colors can be neutral and colorful. I've learned more about modern furniture and how many furniture pieces are meant for functionality. Most modern design is for function but can be aesthetically pleasing. My sense of scale has changed a lot. I always thought scale only meant how big or small something is. But I've learned how it's much more than just that. Scale can mean the size of a building compared to the environment or other buildings around it. It also means how people interact with the building/ object and maybe how they feel while standing in/ outside of a building. For example, while standing outside of a cathedral, you will feel very small in comparison to the large building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The fundamental aspect of modern design is clean, open, and simplistic in nature.  Modern design is very functionality focused. It also goes...